1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with loading, plus what add-ons should I enable and which should I disable?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lillybee88, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lillybee88

lillybee88 Thread Starter

Yesterday for some reason the internet was connected however the server was unable to display most webpages. To try and fix the problem I reset the settings under internet options, advanced. This disabled all add-ons. Now the server seems to be fixed however I'm now uncertain which add-ons I should re-enable.
    Also loading web pages seems to be far slower than usual.

Will appreciate any help:)

2. tonkacat

tonkacat

This will probably depend on the version of Windows and IE you are using.

3. lillybee88

I'm using windows xp. How do I know what version internet explorer i have? Firefox was the same as internet explorer.

4. tonkacat

tonkacat

In IE, click on Help, then click on About IE

5. lillybee88

I have IE 7.
    Now I'm having the same problem as I did before, most of yesterday web pages were loading as normal then suddenly IE was unable to display webpages again. Now it's working again but I fear the same will happen. This is one of the pages that wouldn't load so I may have difficulty replying to your messages :confused:

6. tonkacat

tonkacat

I am having the same problem. It began after I updated Windows. The culprit seemd to be:
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)

I tried to remove it but it didn't work. MS has a tool to fix the problem. I'll try that later today.

7. lillybee88

Yeh I just found out my friend has the same problem it must be widespread

8. tonkacat

tonkacat

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice