Problems with long filenames

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

colin826

Hi,

My problem is dealing with long filenames (surprise!). I don't know if this next statement is against the rules or not, but I was downloading a file with a P2P program and the filename ended up being too long. The download finished (according to my program) but when I actually went to the folder it said it was 0kb. So, I went to delete it and, as I'm sure many of you could guess I can't do anything with it.

I already tried a search for it (post) and this guy seems to have the same problem as me.

So I tried following the advice, and got stuck on navigating in DOS. I have no experience with DOS. So if someone can just explain that in detail that would be sweet. I also tried a search for that, but it didn't help me much. A lot of it was too vague.

colin826

But I'm not trying to get a program like that to work. I'm just trying to delete a file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online