1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with mandrake 10

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by tjph, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tjph

tjph Thread Starter

I downloaded mandrake 10 and burnt it on to a CD, when i try and boot from it it says that their is no operating system

2. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

is your cd drive selected as the primary boot device. do you have more than one cd drives?

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

If you've got the right boot order set in your BIOS, are you sure you burnt Mandrake as an image and not just a data CD?

4. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

yah he would have to burn iso, not burn the iso file to a cd. also make sure the md5 of the iso is correct if you know what i'm saying. also some peoples cd burners have an option that say, make this cd bootable. check no because the iso will handle that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!