1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Golfcart03, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfcart03

Golfcart03 Thread Starter

Hi:

I have Logitech MX 510 and 518 mice and when I go to certain websites, I can check out a few things but then my mice freeze up and I can go anywhere. I have to back out of the sites and start on that site all over again, only to get the same problem.

I am running a Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3, socket AM3+ motherboard with an AMD Phenom ll x4, 3.4 gig Quad Core Socket AM3 processor, (2) sticks of 2Gig, matched Dual Channel memory, a 650 Watt Antec power supply, H.I.S. Radeon HD4670, 512Mb, IceQ Turbo PCIe20-x16 video card and Windows XP Professional 32 bit.

Why do you think that this is happening and what do I need to do to fix it so this won't occur again?

Thanks for the assistance and I look forward to you quick replies.

Make it a super day.

golfcart03

2. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Is the surface you are using the mouse on clean? I eat biscuits over my mouse and occasionally crumbs and other detritus blocks the laser from the desk causing it to "freeze up" until I lift up the mouse(!)

3. Golfcart03

Golfcart03 Thread Starter

Hi Matthew:

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes! The area that I use the mice on is clean.

This problem occurs when I use any USB port of my PS/2 port.

I have tried both models listed in my post on several USB ports and the PS/2 port only to get then same results.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

golfcart03

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice