problems with msn messenger

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gopher1

good evening and I sure hope you can help me on this one. It has me puzzled.
msn messenger worked up until this past week and now this problem arose. I am on-line, my contacts are on-line but I and my contact see each other as off-line. I have tried everything, to no avail. I have written msn but so far nothing helpful. I haven't changed any settings ( That I know of, that is) I even went as far as doing a system restore but still nothing works. I did sign up with yahoo messenger but so far am finding poor quality sound and video with yahoo.
Please any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks
gopher1:(

hey gopher, I've been running into that problem off and on for the last week. I did some searching and found quite a few people making similar complaints on different forums like the ones at BigBlueBall (an instant messaging site). I'm guessing that its either a bug that MSN has yet to do anything about or it is some kind of server related issue.

Hi,I used to have msn and yahoo messenger,and found it caused so many problems with my pc,I could no longer use either.I now use Trillian,found at File Hippo.com,which supports msn and yahoo,along with icq,aim and various others,all in one program.I use this on my pc and laptop and have never had any problems

gopher1

thanks all as I haven't heard back from msn itself I will try other programs. I did sign up with yahoo and while it is ok I found the sound to be bad and the video very poor
thanks again with your help.
gopher1

gopher1

anyone have any suggestions re a good messing site, yahoo is not great basically I am not impressed with it Sound and Video "suck"
thanks
gopher1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online