1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with MusicMatch

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by DjRawkutz, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DjRawkutz

DjRawkutz Thread Starter

If ya have problems with MMJB....give me a WHOOP WHOOP!

I just compressed some mp3 files into a smaller bit rate so it wouldnt take up so much space.I used the MMJB software to do just that.....what I didnt realize is that when you use this program to do that...it sometimes degrades the quality of the mp3...(sounds like crap....bye bye cd quality)It did just that.My question is....Is there anything that I can do to bring back the cd quality into the mp3 files that screwed up.
    If ya got any suggestions....I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks and peace out my fellow pc gangstas.

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

It is not MMJBs fault, You are the one that compressed it further. The smaller the file, the lower the quality. You didn't say what bit rate it was or what you switched it to, but either way you can't "restore it". The information is discarded when it is compressed. The only real option is to rip them again.

3. DjRawkutz

DjRawkutz Thread Starter

Yes....I did compress it...and I dont remember with out lookin 2 c what bit rate I compressed them 2....but I know the quality does not degrade when you compress them....how do I know...well....take an Mp3 player for example..one that goes in your car.Correct me if I'm wrong....but the only way to put 200 mp3's onto a cdr/cdrw is too compress them to a smaller size (gotta be pretty small in order to put 200 onto a cd).2nd..Ive used other programs that dont f up the quality so I know it's a glitch (I have read other users having the same problem as well)

I know there is a better answer than that.

4. wizzkid

wizzkid

Not MusicMatch, been using the program for years, even compressing them even more. The Music Match Mp3 Pro works superb, As mentioned before, compressing degrades the sound, so if ya didn't want the degrigation you shouldn't have done it. If the Mp3 file was under say 192 bytes it ain't gonna be a top of the list quality to start off with. Also you may have your compression rate set to very low, say from 128 -to- 64 bytes, it is gonna sound awful.

Wizzkid

5. DjRawkutz

DjRawkutz Thread Starter

I guess Ive effed myself....oh well....:(
    thanks fo the info

6. zeromode

zeromode

Could someone here help me too, I can't get MusicMatch to convert mp3s to .wav as it burns an audio CD in the paid version. I know how to do it in the free version but I can't figure out how in the paid version.

7. wizzkid

wizzkid

Hi,

Obviously open MusicMatch.

Create a play list, when satisfied, click burn. A window then opens telling you the amount of space taken/left, your play list, ect. There are 3 buttons in the top left hand corner. The button on the end (left side), select that then burn. This automatically records your music as .Wav. Just like the free version. You may need to change your options about.

Here's a link if you are having difficulty: http://www.musicmatch.com/form/support/tech/techsupport.htm

Wizzkid

8. zeromode

zeromode

thanks for the reply wizzkid, sorry for my late reply.

This is what I did before and when it burned the disc it burned them as .cda files not .wav files.

I've already contacted their support and I was disappointed when I got back a responce that seemed like they just copy and pasted the help file and that was absolutely no help

That's why i came here. I can't find why it burned them as .cda files in any of the settings and how to swith it back to .wav files.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!