1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with my foldable keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by forte21xx, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. forte21xx

forte21xx Thread Starter

i'm having some problems with this ps/2 foldable keyboard I bought for my computer (running windows xp). Some keys don't type the character they're supposed to, or some type two. Like for example, the key j types "jf" instead of just j, and the f key does the same thing. The key 3 types 7, and other things. This device is supposed to be plug and play... Any idea how to fix things?

2. KeithKman

KeithKman

Does it only have ps/2 or can you also use USB? If so, try USB and see if it works.

3. forte21xx

forte21xx Thread Starter

only ps/2

4. McTimson

McTimson

Sounds like a problem in the keyboard...see if you can return it for another one, or if you can see anything between the keys, try to get it out...

5. forte21xx

forte21xx Thread Starter

there's nothing between the keys. I think it may be some sort of driver error or something... just for your information, the foldable keyboard is made out of soft platic. It's washable. You can scrunch it up into a little ball if you want to

6. McTimson

McTimson

Well, it sounds like a problem with the actual keyboard to me, especially if the j and f keys are messing up with each other, maybe some kind of short in the board or something....did it always do this?

7. forte21xx

forte21xx Thread Starter

i just got it ^_^

8. KeithKman

KeithKman

Return it and get another and see if it works better. :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!