1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with my remote laptop users and admin privileges

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ObsidianAura, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianAura

ObsidianAura Thread Starter

Hi this is my first post in the forum I hope this is in the right place.

My problem is that i have lots of laptop users off site and occasionally they'll need to install something.

To let them do this I've had to let them all have administrative privileges on their laptops and because of this they are downloading games and P2P software and all kinds of annoying things.

What i need is a way to be able to let them install off-site but only when i want them too, or maybe remotely doing it for them . I'm not really sure where to start at fixing this problem I'm hoping some of you have some ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/574464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice