1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with my tf2

Discussion in 'Games' started by abed, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. abed

abed Thread Starter

whenever i start up tf2 it shows up perfectly fine, the starting menu is fine and all, but when i get into game play it all gets messed up. someone please help. and have no idea how to describe whats happening so i added pics =D

Attached Files:

2. bigk

bigk

Try one of these methods until it get's fixed.
    • Update your graphic card drivers.

Defrag Team Fortress 2

1. Go to Steam.
    2. Right Click on TF2.
    3. Go to Properties.
    4. Click "Local Files".
    5. Defragment Cache Files. (This may take quite a few mintues depending on your machine.)
    6. Done.

Did it work? No? Let's continue on then!

Verify the game Cache.

1. Do the same method like above but click on "Verify integrity of game cache." (Again may take a while.)

Still not working?

Delete the local game content but using once again the same method above and then reinstall the game.

What I did when I wanted to reinstall Team Fortress 2 was Delete the local game content and then completely uninstalled the rest of my games AND Steam it self. Then went through the Window's explorer and deleted the remaining files from the Steam folder. I took out every thing including the Steam folder it self.

I then installed all my games again (including TF2). That way I had a fresh install. If you delete every thing like I did make sure you back up any files you want, for example like saved games.

Hope this helps.

3. abed

abed Thread Starter

still doesn't work :(

4. bigk

bigk

You did all 3 and nothing worked? Did you do the last resort method and completely wipe out TF2 and steam and redownload it all?

5. bigk

bigk

Alrighty, I was thinking this has got to be a heat issue then. Because your computer isn't using any power at the menu then all of the sudden it needs to ramp up for the game.

Open up your PC and get a can of air and blow all the dust out of the PC. (Assuming your using a desktop pc.) This method will kind of work for laptops, but there's just less holes.

What happens is the computer needs to get the juices flowing per se and needs to ramp every thing up. Which in turn gets hotter, well if it get's hotter it needs the fans to cool it down. But if you have a bunch of dust blocking the air flow it will get even hotter and your pc will perform poorly to a certain degree. Also good to blow the dust out every once and a while any ways. (It's good to keep up on it.)

Keep in mind if you do have a can of air and you do blow your pc out, the can will freeze kind of. When it starts to freeze, don't continue to blow it on your computer. Let the can warm up a bit and let your pc sit for a few minutes just in case. Then you can turn it back on once all the dust is out.

6. abed

abed Thread Starter

alright ill try that thank you for your help. and if that doesn't work i was thinking of getting a new comp, because my comp kind of sucked anyways =D

7. abed

abed Thread Starter

hmm what kind of laptop should it get? one that if fairly cheap but still is pretty good. lol sorry that i am asking so many questions.

8. bigk

bigk

What's your budget and do you prefer a particular brand?

9. abed

abed Thread Starter

i was thinking maybe less than $700 and i don't care really as long as its not a Mac haha

10. aidensharplin

aidensharplin Account Closed

i think you should turn your shader down one lvl
    and also verify game files

that might work
    i had a problem kinda similer with penumbra
    and turning down the shader worked for me

11. aidensharplin

but that lookes kinda cool

12. abed

abed Thread Starter

haha i thought it looked cool too, but i couldn't see anything

13. aidensharplin

have you tried verifying the game files
    tf2 is cool :cool:
    whats ur steam acount name

14. abed

abed Thread Starter

haha abed

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice