1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with networking my laptop with my desktop

Discussion in 'Networking' started by osp001, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osp001

osp001 Thread Starter

I've been trying to get my laptop to share files with my desktop. It was working at one time, but I had to go back and fix some things (re-do the internet connection wizard for my wireless connection), and now I have regained the ability to use my laptop to "talk" to the rest of the galaxy once again.

However, my "shared" file has gone to pot, and I have no idea how to restore it. I created a new folder, and changed Sharing and Security> settings to that it is set to 1) Share this folder on the network and 2) Allow network users to change my files.

But the folder isn't visible on my desktop computer. If it's somewhere in "My Network Places," some of those folders aren't opening anymore.

Any suggestions how I can get these two computers to talk again? It would sure make my life easier!

2. timothye

timothye

which wireless router are you using ?
    make you sure you have the same name on both computers for the workgroup--
    that can make all the difference .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice