Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problems with New Self-build PC

346 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 · (Edited)
So i’ll explain the situation.

So i first booted up my PC after building and BIOS showed successfully. I turned off the PC so i could download the windows tool onto the USB and boot up with the USB. But when i tried to boot my pc up with the USB, the AMD wraith cooler would shut down and the PC fans would start going rapidly. This happens every time i try to boot with USB now. But whether i boot my pc with or without the USB, my monitor doesn’t detect my PC connection. i’ve changed wires and it still won’t work. So right now i have no access to see my bios or anything.

my specs are: Ryzen 7 2700X with Wraith Prism cooler, Corsair 650W PSU, Gigabyte B450 Gaming X Motherboard, 16gb of Corsair Vengeance RAM, SanDisk SSD, MSI 2070 Super GPU, NZXT H510 Case
ANY ADVICE OR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

#3 ·
No one has any idea what hardware you used in this build. Post ALL of your exact system specs ie exact motherboard, exact processor, exact ram, etc, etc. Do not post 500W pw supply. Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

#5 · (Edited)
Start with some basic troubleshooting. Do the following;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply. Open the case and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
2 Reseat ie remove and replace both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors. Be sure they are fully seated
3 Reseat your ram. Again be sure it is fully seated
4 Disconnect any usb devices ie printer, hub, etc. Leave the keyboard connected
5 Pull out any add-in cards you may have ie real sound card, raid controller, etc. Leave the video card installed however do reseat the card and be sure it is fully seated. Note there is a latch that must be depressed in order to remove the card. Do not just yank it out; you will break something
6 Clear cmos with the clear pins for a minimum of 10 seconds
7 Replace the pw cord and attempt to pw ON and see if the motherboard will POST. If it does, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If the board will not POST in the above condition, you will need to swap parts with known working units; ie motherboard, ram, pw supply, etc.

I am wondering, are these used parts? The 2700X is now 3yr old and the motherboard about the same age. If they are used parts, did you ever see them work?
If they are new parts, why build with 3yr old hardware when the 5xxx series processors cost about the same as a 2700X?

#6 ·
Did you use the media creation tool on another PC to create a Win 10 install on a USB?? You have to create the install USB on another PC, you can't do it on the new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.