1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with NEW VISTA

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Kittyet, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittyet

Kittyet Thread Starter

Hi, I am new here. I also am not good with most computer language. I had been using Windows XP and enjoyed it, but needed much more space for my all my work.

I just got my new VISTA about 4 weeks ago, and I do like some of the features in Vista, but find working with E-MAIL MESSAGES and WORD DOCUMENTS very very unstable, ESPECIALLY when I want to highlight and copy several paragraphs and/or sentences. What happens is it is unstable and goes too fast and I find I can't stop to copy the exact items I want without the scroll bar sliding down to the end uncontrollably. I am able to copy a couple of paragraphs but once it goes below the vision of the window or to the next page, it slides down like lighting to the end. Right now I have to highlight, copy one or two paragraphs, then either cut or paste a few paragraphs or sentence I can get, go paste it to another document, then come back and do it all over again. I never had this problems with my Windows XP and still don't. Other problems seems unstable such as using highlighting, bold, color and underlining and some stuff and have to re-do it several times. Even spell checker has jammed in my documents too.

My E-MAIL INBOX all has the same problems. Have problems deleting e-mails that have just come in, and also have problems deleting them from the delete box itself.

SCROLLING PROBLEMS OF COPYING ARE THE SAME IN INBOX when I want to copy paragraphs or sentences etc. E-mail seem like they take longer to open then XP. In fact, I find Vista a lot slower in many ways and very unstable. In both WORD DOCUMENTS AND WHEN WORKING IN INBOX - WRITING MESSAGES - I often find stuff jam up.

Often have to redo or repeat the processes for both WORD DOC. AND INBOX & MESSAGES OVER AND OVER AGAIN, TO GET THEM TO WORK.

I spoke to and worked with MICROSOFT today and they said these problems were due to Visa. He said that I probably had those problems before - I said absolutely not! The Micro man said there was nothing he could do even after he went into my computer and saw what was happening. HE SAID IT WAS NOT THEIR PROBLEMS.

So I called DELL AND DELL MAN even after he went into my computer and saw what was happening - went into my computer and slow down the mouth, but that did not help either. Actually it made my mouse too slow to move, so I ended up putting it back the way it was. DELL MAN THEN SAID HE COULDN'T HELP ME BEYOND THAT. DELL MAN told me I could take Vista out and put my XP on, but I like some of the Vista features that I don't have on XP. Neither of them seemed very concerned about my problems even after I told them their companies needed to know about this.

SINCE I MOSTLY WORK IN INBOX AND WORD DOCUMENTS, I AM FRUSTRATED AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. So now I am here and hope someone can help me. I have had my brand new VISTA ABOUT 4 WEEKS AND I AM READY TO CALL DELL TO SEE IF THEY CAN TAKE IT BACK and for me to find something else where I can get some of the options that I like that Vista has. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I would really appreciate help. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice