1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with new windows 8.1 computer

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Huakka, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Huakka

Huakka Thread Starter

It all started a couple months ago with my new computer from newegg, when i got it it was amazing.... for a while. i did the windows 10 update didnt like it and went back and when i did i came back to have most of my files missing so i did the windows refresh and after that my computer as been slow as butts and has been having 100% disk usage and things crashing including my windows explorer (the button on the bottom left for windows 8) so did a windows restore and it was even worse so i
    got rid of windows search and superfetch
    did a system check
    defragged and disk cleanup
    changed paging size
    and its just made it a little less worse, so now its still super slow and has things that crash all the time but it doesnt do the 100% disk usage all the time, any help on why its past refund and ive tried getting a hold of the company that made it and also the people who sold it
    I dont know the complete specs but its the ABS dreadnought al11 on newegg

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. Huakka

Huakka Thread Starter

i dont know im just not really wanting to have to completely download all my **** again just would like to know if there is a fix for some of these or if there is a way i can put all my stuff somewhere else and then do the complete reinstall

4. Huakka

Huakka Thread Starter

Also the 100% disk usage stopped all together not exactly sure why but im still scared of why i had to stop the processes and other things if my pc ran fine with them on a while ago, but stuff still crashes also like my windows button on the bottm left and a lot of my programs (league,steam,spotify,nvidia geforece, etc), also these are rather frightening

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice