1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Nvidia GeForce 9100 drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bookboarder, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bookboarder

bookboarder Thread Starter

So, I installed Windows 7 64 bit yesterday. It worked seemingly well after install until I rebooted today and all I could see was the background image on my desktop when it loads. So, if I go in under safe move and disable the Nvidia 9100 driver it lets me in, but of course my screen doesn't look right. Everything is huge and looks bad. I have tried to download every driver imaginable from nvidia. I cannot figure out how to resolve this issue. I thought I did well as I ran the Windows 7 program prior to installing and it didn't tell me there were any conflicts and it said Windows 7 would install just fine. Well, now my computer is all messed up and I don't know what to do. Can I add a different video card to get around this? I spoke with HP and they said I should have gotten the upgrade disc from them.... all fine and dandy if I had known that before shelling out $110 to Amazon for the discs from Windows. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I'm at a total loss right now. :( My virtually new computer is all messed up. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance,
    Nichole

2. Bascotie

Bascotie

So you've gone into safe mode, uninstalled the video card, downloaded the latest "64 BIT" drivers from nvidia (if you are in fact running Win 7 64 bit) and installed them from there?

I'd say try older drivers?

3. bookboarder

I've tried both new drivers and a few of the older ones. I'm currently operating in normal mode, but everything is out of whack with how it looks. I have the nvidia card disabled. Any idea what drivers might work? I believe I tried their 196, 195 and 191 to no avail....

4. Bascotie

Bascotie

Were they 64 bit drivers? I know it sounds silly but 64 bit still isn't fully supported. I might try contacting nvidia as well.

5. bookboarder

Yes, I downloaded the 64 bit version.... Should I try the 32 bit instead? Any recommendations? I will try to contact nvidia tomorrow. Thanks!

6. bookboarder

Would it be possible to put a new video card in that would be compatible with Windows 7?

7. Bascotie

Bascotie

I'm not sure how old the geforce 9100 is but you can try a spare if you have one, shouldn't hurt.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/898178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice