1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with onboard sound drivers!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by col1695, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. col1695

col1695 Thread Starter

Ryt i recently re-installed my windows xp due to problems with the previous copy. I then had the problem that a few of the drivers were missing but ive installed all of them now except for the sound card drivers. Its a built in card and all i know is that people have a lot of problems with this. Its a SIS 7012 Audio device and ive tried installing many different drivers and i finally found 1 that is compatible. Its the Realtek driver.

Now the problem is a get no sound out of the speakers but when i plug headfones into the speakers or the back of the computer i get sound?? I really need some help with this as its frustrating.

I have creative desktop speakers with the subwoofer.

What shall i do?

2. ryde01

ryde01

are you pluging the speakers into the same port when testing it. because it sound like the speakers are faulty if thats the case

3. col1695

col1695 Thread Starter

Ive plugged the speakers into all 3 of the ports and neither of them give me sound. The speakers definatly work because they played sound a few days ago before i re-installed windows. Im really not sure wot to do?

4. ryde01

ryde01

try unistalling your sound card drivers then reistall your motherboard drivers which should have the original sound card drivers on there. which is usually the realtek ac97 driver. after reinstalling go to your mother board make website and download the updates if need be safe

5. col1695

col1695 Thread Starter

Well ive uninstalled them many many times now and still no luck, but i currently have the realtek ac97 drivers installed and they only work with the headfones. I think ill try getting some different speakers because ive read about that many people are having problems with the creative 2.1 surround speakers. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know :(

6. ryde01

ryde01

try the speakers on a different system jus to make sure they are working

7. col1695

col1695 Thread Starter

Nope the s[eakers dont work in my laptop either but if i plug ear fones into the speaker itself the sound goes through the ear fones, i think ill just get a new sound card or speakers. Thanx anyway

8. ryde01

ryde01

do you plug the headphones into the speaker itself or the speaker port on the laptop. because it sounds like to me the speakers are blown and can some times happen by surprise from voltage spikes

9. col1695

col1695 Thread Starter

Well i plugged the head fones into the speaker itself and into the speaker port on the computer/laptop and the sound works wen plugged into both but theres just no sound from the speakers themselves. Its strange, i spose they could be blown but all 3 of them at once, would be rather unlucky lol well thanx for all your help but im just gonna try some other speakers :(

10. ryde01

ryde01

are the other speakers plugeed into one main box because one of the components of the circuitry could of burnt out

11. col1695

col1695 Thread Starter

Well i have a subwoofer which is the main power source, both the desktop speakers are plugged into it and the sub is plugged into the computer itself. But surely if the circuitry had burnt out then i wouldnt get no sound through the head fones port on the desktop speaker?

12. ryde01

ryde01

if 1 part blows or burns out becaues if it has an amp inside and that goes there will be no volume from the amp to external speakersbut powercan still get through and thats why you would mabe get sound through headphones. if any of the external speakers have a jack end try plugging it into the headphone socket and see if it still works if that doest work all i can say i tried my best. because the same kind of problem happened to me when i blew my dads amp 20yrs ago and i could only hear music through the headphones

13. col1695

col1695 Thread Starter

Well the desktop speakers have different connectors to the computer port so i wont be able to but i reckon theres just no hope lol oh well thanx very much anyway

14. ryde01

ryde01

thats cool

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice