1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with online homework

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tarnishedwisdom, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tarnishedwisdom

Tarnishedwisdom Thread Starter

Alright, I have this teacher in college that assigns home work from a website. I dont have any problems accessing the site from school, but at home, I'm having problems. I have to login with my name and password, which I can do at home with no problems, but when I go to do a math problem, i get a blank box where the problem should be. In the upper left corner of the box is a circle, triangle and some other shape...i forget what. Am I missing a plug in or somehting at my home computer? Any ideas? Thanks a bunch, and let me know if i need to be more specific....

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

HI, Yes, could be you are missing a plugin (Java) or have some settings not right. Let's begin:

Are you using Internet Explorer to get to that website, or another browser?

Version of Windows you have, XP, 2000, ME etc

Version of Internet Explorer (5.0, 5.5, 6.0,)

The URL address of the site so we can at least see the login page, if that is allowed...

Have you done any antivirus scans lately? How about ad-based junk removal, with AdAware or SpyBot Search and Destroy, or other malware removers?

Can you reach any chat online? Try for instance...the Chat button at the top of our pages...

Try this Java tester: http://javatester.org/

Tell us if that says you have Java OK.

Test ActiveX controls here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/testax.asp

3. Tarnishedwisdom

Tarnishedwisdom Thread Starter

wow, thanks for the reply...

I am using IE 6.0 with XP OS
    The site is www.coursecompass.com
    I ran norton a week ago or so
    I do chat online, and play various java games on the net

I tried the javatester thing and it said that i have: Java Version 1.4.0_01 from Sun Microsystems Inc.

I tested ActiveX controls and the clock worked
    I also turned off my pop-up blocker

And it still doesnt work.
    Oh, I noticed that only some of the computers at school work...like i went to the library computers and they did the same thing my home computer is doing...but the computer labs at school work fine, if that helps at all. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

4. codecfears

codecfears

>>Oh, I noticed that only some of the computers at school work...like i went to the library computers and they did the same thing my home computer is doing
    <<

then it could be a server issue; they could be overloaded. Do you notice a time of day when library computers work better than others?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice