1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with photos audios and videos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by greumach, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. greumach

greumach Thread Starter

hi
    long message but the more you are told the better you may advise.
    suddenly i appear to have lost or hidden all my files [ video and audio and jpeg in windows live photo,picasa and windoes media player while windows media centre will not start. The files are all listed as usual but videos show up like a film strip showing hot air ballons and photos show as a blue lamscape scene in photo gallery and always get message that the file cannot be opened because it may be corrupted etc.
    thanks
    greumach

2. yellosnosid

yellosnosid

i think the hot air baloon & landscapes are the samples that came with your PC,have you tried right clicking on a file & selecting open with to open the file with the right program?
    Can you give some more information,you seem to contradict yourself when you say " i appear to have lost or hidden all my files""The files are all listed as usual" Try searching for a specific file that has disappeared & find out where it is so that you can move that file (& perhaps the other files) to the place you want them to be.I'm not sure about what to do with the corrupted files,sorry.Can you please give more detail about what is hapening with windows live photo,picasa and windows media player ,thanks

3. greumach

greumach Thread Starter

More info.
    Down the left side of windows photo gallery is a list of all the folders as usual.
    However, no programme will open the file for viewing.
    I get this message; [program] cant open this photo or video.
    The file may be unsupported,damaged or corrupted.
    i have loaded some new photos as a test and they act normally so
    it would appear the fault is in the file and not the photo editors.
    Would a retrieval program be any use?

4. yellosnosid

yellosnosid

I've never used a retrieval program sorry,hopefully someone will know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice