1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with playing a cd in car

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cliffo90, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cliffo90

cliffo90 Thread Starter

i put some files in a cd-rw cd then later decided to erase all the data by using the erase thing in nero. so i used the cd again to make an audio cd. but the problem is when i put the cd in the cd player in my car, the cd player doesnt read the cd and just ejects the cd. is this because the cd had data on it then later have music?

2. colmaca

colmaca

no

Most car cd players won't play cd-rw only play normal cd's or cd-r, so I would say that it a older cd player that won't play cd-rw I know mine won't.and my car is a 2002 model

3. cliffo90

cliffo90 Thread Starter

my my car is a 02 rsx, maybe thats it :( well thanks

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Even my 2005 model will not play CD-RW, the laser power and wavelength in them is incorrect in general.

Some specific CD player models will, but they are usually well marked/advertised in the manual as it being a "feature"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice