1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with playing movies.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloodclot, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bloodclot

Bloodclot Thread Starter

Hey there.

I've been facing a lot of issues with my computer. My processor fan keeps going fast and slowing down. This happens once every 2-3 mins. It becomes noisy for just 4 to 5 seconds and then is normal. This repeats every 2 or 3 minutes. If i'm watching a movie it sort of gets stuck and then plays again with a jerk. I checked my device manager and under 'other devices' there seems to be a question mark.

I was infected by a virus (trojan) which I got help with on the kaspersky forum. The moderators there also confirmed with me twice that the virus does not show on my computer any longer. I don't know what the problem could be but this processor fan issue doesn't seem normal. My computer specs are p4 3.0ghz, 2 gb ram, 500gb Sata HDD. It's not branded..it's assembled. Thanks for the help.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It sounds like a possible heat problem. Have you cleaned the dust out of your computer lately? If not get yourself a can of compressed air take the system outside like maybe to the garage, open it up and use the can of air to blow the dust out of it. Do not however use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust. Vacuum Cleaners are static electricity generators, and can build up enough of a charge to fry components on your system. I see threads where people use vacuums frequently. Please do not pay any attention to the suggestion to do that. While you may be successful all it takes is one discharge of Static electricity and you are spending a lot more money than a 3 or 4 dollar can of air.

3. Bloodclot

Bloodclot Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I just cleaned up my computer around 15 days ago. Theres no visible dust or clogging of dirt anywhere, especially around the CPU. Are there any other things I could try? Thanks.

4. Bloodclot

Bloodclot Thread Starter

*bump*

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/805104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice