Problems with recording resolution for video editing program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bucksi

Hello there!
I like to record videos for World of Warcraft Events and turning them into some nice basic videos for the attendees to watch. I use Fraps to record and Windows Movie Maker to edit (I know, shame on me).

Recently, black brackets has started to appear on the sides of my recordings, when I put them into Movie Maker, this sadly ruins the recordings for me, due to some of the effects I put on them.
I recently changed from my Laptop screen to a monitor (Medion - MD 30159) 16 units wide and 9 units tall. Very old monitor.
I have tried downloading different movie editing programs, and another recording program and nothing has removed the brackets. According to an online guide I found, then I should be able to remove them by clicking from standard to wide, in the Windows Movie Maker program, but this only moved the brackets from the top and bottom of the screen, to the sides.
Could the problem for this be that my old monitor's proportions does not fit with the recording/editing programs?
Would it help me if I got a new monitor with other proportions?
Is there any possible way that I can remove the brackets of my current recordings? As I would hate to loose them (In another editing program? Settings in windows? Anything!)
- I use Windows 10 on a Lenovo Notebook (I think)

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Oddba11

Jim
Depending on the software used, it will either record using the desktop resolution or give you the option to choose your own resolution. If you are getting black bars, you are not recording the desktop resolution.

For best results and clarity, you should be using the screens native resolution in Windows and your games. In this case, that appears to be 1440 x 900.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online