1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with scanning in Norton and Webroot Spysweeper

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Masterman10, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masterman10

Masterman10 Thread Starter

Hi, I have both Norton Antivirus and Webroot Spysweeper for my computer. I have set up for them to scan in the early morning one day a week when i am not using my computer. Yet they do not scan. Spysweeper will tell me there was a missed sweep but Norton doesn't and its history says it didn't scan either.
    So I am thinking it is because I have sleep mode activated. Could this be the problem.
    My 2 questions are
    1. Is there a way I can set it up so that Norton and Spysweeper to wake up my computer when they need to do their scans.
    2. How do I set it up so that Norton will inform me there was a missed scan. Because right now it inly informs me after a month of no scanning.

p.s. I would like to know how to do this on both XP and Vista. Spysweeper is the 2007 version and I have Norton 2007 on XP and Norton 2008 on Vista.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!