1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with scrolling in windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by osobill, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osobill

osobill Thread Starter

Hello,

Running Windows Home XP. I have just had to re-install the OS having re-formatted the hard disk I now find when scrolling down or up page the page is very slow to display in IE and Firefox like a vertical wave effect whereby the page displays every second or so rather than being instanty as you scroll down - its worse it Internet Explorer 6. I have the same problem when trying to drag a frame across the desktop.

2. estellwarren

estellwarren

I've got the same issue and I've read of a few others out there too. Something that worked for one person was to download the latest DirectX drivers from Microsoft - I tried this but it didn't work.
    Have tried the XP Video troubleshooting routine - no help!
    At about the same time this happened we've been unable to play any PC games and the ATI Radeon / Catalyst Utility can't run the video test clip that shows you the effect of changing various video settings (the sound plays, but no image)
    Someone out there must have a fix!!?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice