1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with sending email to my groups in Windows Live Mail and Windows 7

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Questionlady, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Questionlady

Questionlady Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8104 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1988 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 935113 MB, Free - 879756 MB; G: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 384799 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0GDG8Y
    Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

My Windows Live mail was working fine until about a month ago. I can still send regular emails, but my group contacts will leave out some of the contacts. I thought maybe it happened when I downloaded a critical update from Windows 7. I have deleted Windows Live Mail and redownloaded it. I have renamed my groups and entered the names in the new group and then deleted the old one. I have some groups as large as 50 and some as small as 6 and it happens in all of them. I can't use system restore because there is not a restore point between the time I got a new router and modem and when I started having problems. I have talked to two techs at AT&T, two from iYogi, 2 friends and no one has been able to help me. I have received no error messages. I am not sending spam. I am a volunteer for a non-profit organization and I have to send messages to them periodically. This is driving me crazy. Can anyone please help. Thanks.

2. pyramid

pyramid

I also had names dropped when I used groups. The first time I noticed the problem is when I used a goup in the bcc with no other addresses. I received an error saying I must add a name. I started to check the Outbox copy of pending emails and noticed that in some other groups only a few of the names were listed in the To box. I had updated Live a few weeks ago to 2012 Build 16.4.3505.09012 on 2 computers. Both began to have the group problem. I restored one computer and am now running 2011 Build 15.4.3555.0308 and groups work fine. I haven't restored the other computer and was hoping to find a post of a MS fix to the problem. I will probably try to update Live Mail on the 2nd computer if a newer version is available.

3. Questionlady

Questionlady Thread Starter

Thanks pyramid for your quick reply. I don't know what 2012 Build 16.4.3505.09012 is, but this is what I have done, but it is long and time consuming, but it seems to be working. Only time will tell. First, I went back and found the emails of my groups in old email messages when it was working and copied & saved them to Word, so if something happened I would not lose them. I had already removed my Windows Live Essentials (all of it) and downloaded it again. Then I renamed a group and with my Word sheet in hand, I went through and selected all my names and put them in the new group. At this point I ran a test email and told receiptants they did not need to reply. {Make sure your own name is on each group so you can see it when it comes through.} Then I compared what I got to make sure all names had been included. I had a few come back as undeliverable, but I could check their email in my old file that was not working properly and could make the address change as needed. I am still not finished because I had lots of groups, but so far it appears to work. When I am sure it is correct, I delete the old group category. I hope this helps. I never have figured out what made it do this in the first place and it makes me somewhat distrustful & afraid that it may happen again. This is probably not the best way to do it, but I was getting desperate to figure it out. Maybe it will help someone else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1076362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice