1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with solitaire and spider solitaire

Discussion in 'Games' started by commonsense, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. commonsense

commonsense Thread Starter

I have a new 1 month old Toshiba laptop, Windows 7. It came with Spider Solitaire and regular Solitaire loaded on it. When I am trying to play these my mouse seems to be giving me problems. I will click and drag the card and it drops off or "bumps" into a wrong stack and I get an invalid play message. Or when I click on a card it won't get picked up so I can move it. Frequently when I click on the stack to flip a card, 2 cards will flip at the same time. This all happens frequently in each game I play. I don't know what is going on. Does anyone?

2. schang626

schang626

i would try uninstall the games
    control panel -> programs and features -> turn windows feature on or off -> uncheck games -> enter
    and then reinstall the games
    hope it helps..

3. commonsense

Thanks for trying, but no, it did not resolve the problem.

4. schang626

schang626

did this happen on the very first day when u get ur new laptop?
    dunno if this helps but try reinstall ur video card driver.

5. commonsense

No, it wasn't like this I don't think. I didn't play for a couple of weeks since I was busy installing Microsoft suite and Family Tree Make6r, installing a new printer and choosing my preferences, etc. Since I've started playing regularily I've noticed it. At first I thought it was the battery in my wireless mouse, I changed it and it did seem a bit better, but it kept doing it. Now I'm wondering if it could be my mouse pad. I'm not using it and it does seem better again. The play is going faster now. Can a mouse pad cause this? How would I reinstall a video card driver?

6. schang626

schang626

does it help if you use a different mouse?

goto toshiba site > support > download and look for ur laptop model
    then download the graphics driver for ur model > install

7. commonsense

Do i need to uninstall what is already on my laptop before going to the toshiba site?

8. commonsense

I did reinstall the driver and now the mouse works like new again. Thanks schang626!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919627