Problems with some drivers installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

McDozzer

Hy guys, so i'm having some problems, first off, specs :
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3565 @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
and an Nvidia Quadro 2000 1 Gb ram 128-bit
The problem is with my Nvidia card which started acting strangely about a month ago. By acting strange i mean fps drops and freezes in games and even movies. I had to go away for 3 weeks and when i came back i started working on it
frist tried the GeForce experience, failure, couldn't update the drivers. Then i tried Windows automatic driver update and manual Nvidia driver download, both failed, then i tried 100 manual downloads of different versions and installed and uninstalled drivers and crap so much i wanna hit it.no driver will install in any way or fashion. the thing is I used to have 1680 x 1050 resolution ( my native creen res ), but after being so smart and to try uninstalling the installed drivers before trying everything again... surprise muthaf... no drivers installed, no higher def screen res. now i'm stuck with 1280 x 1024 stretched on my 22" screen. :(

Please can anyone help me out a bit? my searches throughout the internet have been fruitless, so I find myself here, asking for help.

P.S. I know it's a crappy videocard, but it's all i've got for the moment.

This happened to me with Windows 7 when trying to install a newer version of drivers failed. System Restore and even restoring to an older image backup still would not let me install Nvidia drivers of any version. I tried several suggested fixes I found online and nothing worked. The only way I could get back to installing Video Drivers normally was a fresh reinstall of my OS. I also had to use AutoPatcher to help me get SP3 (integrated) up to speed with criticals.

McDozzer

hmm... this is gonna be a toughy, cause I used to have Win 7 OEM and the installation DVD got lost, and i updated to WIn 10 online so i dunno how to do a fresh install of the OS. I'm so ashamed to say that, i'mma do some digging to see if i can create a USB install stick or sumthin...

Oddba11

Jim
You can get the ISO files from Microsoft, but you will need your Lic# to validate the install.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Go HERE to download and save the Microsoft Media Creation Tool.
Version 10.0.14393.591 was released today and will allow you to download and save that same version of the Windows 10 ISO file.
Once that's done, you can create a bootable DVD or USB thumb drive so you can reinstall Windows 10.
Since it's already been installed before in that computer, it'll automatically activate during the install process.

HERE is the most current Windows 10 64-bit driver (376.84) for the NVIDIA Quadro 2000 graphic card.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online