1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with sound blaster

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by farveski29, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. farveski29

farveski29 Thread Starter

My tower makes loud beeping noices when i turn it on. In the set up menu it reads:Vortex DOS Audio Driver (3.007) Copywright 1997-99 Aureal Semiconductor Error #6 Sound Blaster Emulation disabled in Windows. Driver not loaded. If anyone has any ideas on what i can do please reply. It would be greatly apppreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Howdy,

Tell us about your computer.....particularly what make and model of sound card.

Spaceman

3. farveski29

hey,
    My computer has Microsoft Windows 95 , and the sound blaster is Creative Sound Blaster 16 Plug and Play. Is that all you needed to know? Im not very skilled in working with computers, so if u need more information, you might need to direct me how to get it. Thanks for your help.

4. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

faveski29,

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?

Spaceman

5. farveski29

Im about 95% sure it is version 5. But i wasnt exactly sure how to find that on my computer. But like i said im almost positive it is version 5. Thanks for your help

6. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

The first thing I would do is install a newer version of Internet Explorer. Either 5.01 SP2 or 5.5 SP2.

Let's check the Windows drivers that you do have. Go into Control Panel / click on ADD Hardware / next / next / When asked,
    choose "No, I want to select my hardware from a list".

Then scroll down the page and click on Sound, video, Games---

A menu will appear showing all the manufacturers of Sound cards on the left.....scroll down to Creative and click on it. A list will appear on the right part of the page and you can most likely find your sound card and subsequent drivers there.

If not, install a new IE version.

Let me know.

Spaceman

7. Dan O

Dan O

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice