Problems with sound card on motherboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dazednkonfus

Hi, I have an abit nf7 motherboard. It has nvidia nforce sound on it but I can't get it to work. I have it enable in BIOS, and it detects it and says its installed properly with the drivers and everything but it still says no sound device in the control panel/sounds thingie......

In the device manager it has this listed under sound controller...
nvidia nforce audio codec interface......when I go to update the drivers...it updates them but it still doesn't work.....I've also already uninstalled it and rebooted...and it detects it...reinstalls drivers and stuff but doesn't work....I've also tried the nvidia nforce drivers pack...but it says it cannot detect any nvidia product....I've also tried the drivers from the motherboard disk but thats not working either.....

any ideas....? :confused:

I have this board as well.

Firstly you can install the drivers off the motherboard CD, or go to the motherboard website and download the latest drivers.

This will fix it.

dazednkonfus

Not sure if you read write but I did that...and no luck..I think something is left behind from my sound blaster live 5.1 series card that is messing something up..I completely uninstalled the creative labs files and whatnot, removed the card completely, and enabled the motherboard audio through bios.......Anyways I uninstalled it again and downloaded the latest drivers from here.
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/drivers.php?categories=1&model=8
I installed just the audio drivers, and now when i double click on the little mixer thing on the bottom it says that it cannot start because it does not detect any nvidia nforce hardware on the system. It then says if it is an nvidia system, to check to make sure that the nvidia nforce audio codec interface is in the device manager, enabled, and not conflicting with another component...and it isnt conflicting, and it is enabled...any other ideas....?

:(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online