1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matthewgoodnight, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matthewgoodnight

matthewgoodnight Thread Starter

i had to reformat my hard drive recently and no i cant get my sound to work. i tried to find the right drivers but i'm not having much luck. can anyone help me?

2. catlady13

catlady13

HI Matthewgoodnight, you are going to have to post some more information before anyone can help you find drivers. If your sound is onboard then we need to know the make and model of your computer so we can go onto the manufacturer's site and find them . If you have an add on video card we need to know what it is for the same reason. :)

3. matthewgoodnight

it's an emachine t3516 i've added nothing to it and the speakers are the ones that came with the computer

4. matthewgoodnight

oh yeah, and you can call me cassie if you'd like.

5. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

6. matthewgoodnight

i downloaded the driver and it still says no audio device found

7. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:) OK. Try this. Go here and save the download to your desktop. Click on the file that you saved on the desktop and unzip itto a location of your choice. (remember the file name and where you saved it to.) Navigate to wherever you saved it to and open the folder. Click on the "Readme" file. Follow the instructions for removing any existing drivers via add/remove. Do not reboot the computer after removing the old drivers. Next go into device manager/sound,video and game controllers and right click on any device that has an exclamation point (or other error code) beside it, then choose uninstall.

Now reboot the computer. If you see any "new hardware found" message, click cancel then allow Windows to continue loading. Once you are back at the desktop navigate back to the driver folder you saved earlier and click on the setup.exe icon. Follow the directions during setup then reboot when finished. This time allow the "new hardware" wizard to do it's thing. Hopefully, it will install the correct drivers.

8. JaseFace

JaseFace

if you want the exact model number of the motherboard you will have to call/email/chat with an emachine rep to find the model number. cause they don't list it on the website. I know i used to be an emachine tech support rep. I know that getting the drivers from the manf website will be quicker and easier.

9. matthewgoodnight

thanks a lot, i really appreciate it.

10. matthewgoodnight

i appreciate all of your help

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice