1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with staying online

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AdWareVictim, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AdWareVictim

AdWareVictim Thread Starter

to start, i do not know if this is a hardware or software problem... so please bare with me... After being online for a while i will suddenly looses connection with my IE... i will eventually looses my whole internet conection as well... when i RUN:WINIPCFG, the PPP Adapters IP Adress, Subnet Mask, and, Default Gateway are all zeroed out. I have clicked the "release" and "Renew" button, sometimes it helps, most of the time it does nothing... i have an Intel ethernet card and it shows up in the IP configuration window if i click on it, with its settings... but that doesnt help either, my comp goes back to the PPP adapter settings of "0"... if i want to get back onto the internet, i am forced to restart my computer... what is causing this and how can i stop it from continuing... i would apreciate any advice or help.. thanks

2. MCP

MCP

How exactly are you connected to the internet? (router, dsl/cable modem, etc.)

3. AdWareVictim

Cable modem

4. MCP

MCP

If your ISP provided you with any software, which was intended to manage the internet connection, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling that sofware. Also, try turning the modem off for a couple minutes and then turning it back on, so it can resyncronize with the network.

5. AdWareVictim

ok... now my next problem... the blue sceen of doom... where are these fatal exception coming from??? and how do i solve those problems as well????

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice