1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with the monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bluecast, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluecast

bluecast Thread Starter

I'm at my friend's house and he uses Samsung SyncMaster 750s which is pretty old.

He had no probs until recently, he started noticing "shadow lines".

Ex: When the Windows 2000 Professional loading screen comes up, there is a long dark shadow which extends to the edge of the screen. You see it where there are dark spots (like the dark, bold Windows 2000 logo). All the drivers are up-to-date.

2. rockinmale

rockinmale

My best advice is to take this monitor over to your house and attach it to your pc. If indeed the monitor still has these shadow lines on the screen. You will know that the monitor is the culprit and not anything else on his PC. This will tell you that something is not right with the monitor. If the monitor is still under warranty rma it. Otherwise.......

FYI.....
    Having the monitor taken in for repair will cost just as much as buying a new one. So when you weigh the pros and cons. A new 3yr warranty over a 90 day repair warranty. The choice is obvious.

Another FYI
    Do not attempt to open a CRT
    You have been forewarned.....
    A CRT stores thousands of volts of electricity even when the monitor isnt turned on. Without knowing how to discharge this energy stored in the monitor before servicing. You risk taking a chance of ending up in a hospital.

I wish you good luck!
    Be safe
    TC
    rockinmale

3. BTS '76

BTS '76

A monitor can store up to 20,000 volts UNPLUGGED!!
    I don't think a hospital is gonna help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!