1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with the network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Nooblah, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nooblah

Nooblah Thread Starter

Hey I bought myself 2 ethernet cards, 1 for my modem and 1 for the network with my brothers PC. We are both running XP (him home, me pro)

I got the internet to share over the 2 pcs and both can see and access each others shares.

But now the internet is really unstable...

Its an ethernet connection and I'm not sure if it's discoonecting or whatever but even when the other computer is idle I still have to hit refresh at least 3 times for the page t work on most sites. Anyone know what might be causing this? disabled all firewalls etc with not effect.

EDIT: im now pretty sure its disconnecting and reconnecting every now and then, cant even check my emails, it just disconnects :(

AND THIS SPYWARE IS KILLING ME DAMN POPUPS ARE STILL COMING UP AS I TYPE...

If you can help me with anything plz reply ASAP

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
    Scan saved at 8:12:45 PM, on 2/16/2005
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunDll32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\xxtra32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\clluy.exe
    C:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe
    c:\windows\system32\eltra\palsp.exe
    c:\windows\system32\eltra\wshield.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\aharob\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000010-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Speaker Configuration] C:\PROGRA~1\C-Media\WIN_ME\Setup.exe /SPEAKER
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mark the service] xxtra32.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [element furth] c:\windows\system32\eltra\repcale.exe c:\windows\system32\eltra\palsp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DQZFc] C:\WINDOWS\clluy.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IST Service] C:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [mark the service] xxtra32.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [mark the service] xxtra32.exe
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.c...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1108535965274

2. stoja976

stoja976

Not sure for your internet problems, but for hijackthis log:

Istsvc.exe is well known spyware, eltra\palsp.exe, xxtra32.exe i clluy.exe are suspicios, and BHO (no name) definitly is not needed on your machine.

To remove istsvc you will have to rename it, then delete entire folder, sometimes killing just a process and deleting files won't work cos he starts again briefly after you kill it. If this don't work try to boot system with some other OS (CD or diskette) which can see your partitions (NTFS or FAT 32), than find or delete anything suspicios. As for others, if you never heard of them before, or didn't install them yourself, remove them also.

For removing spyware I use AdAware 6.x personal (free), but hijackthis is must have tool if you surf a lot on bad places (with it I'm removing anything that is suspicios to me, but my WIN98 SE is less vulnerable from XP to spyware attacks).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!