1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with the pc tower

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by English123, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. English123

English123 Thread Starter

I have just had a phone call from me girlfriend. Her pc tower is not turning on when she presses the ON button on the front of the pc. She has unplugged all units, inc printer, monitor and scanner. Then plugged them back in, the tower is the only thing that is still not working. Now the printer is not working either.

Any help would be appreciated thanks(y)

2. English123

Thanks for the help to the 8 PEOPLE who have looked at this post and not proffered any help at all. She is taking it to the pc repair near where we live, as it may be the PSU.

Also to the moderators, please cancel the account I have just opened with you. Thanks

3. English123

Thanks to the 8 people who looked at my post without offering me any kind of advice whatsoever. She is now taking it to the PC Repair shop near where we live, as it is possible it is the PSU that is FUBAR.

To the moderator, please delete this account for me thank you.

4. Scorpion

Scorpion

Well, really....had you not noticed?....this is a FREE forum...if you want answers quickly, do exactly what you said your girlfriend is doing and take the system to a PC repair store.
    To come in here and behave like that is totally unwarrantied :mad: Of the 8 people that looked at your post, none of them may have felt qualified to help. I have just come across it, and while I 'could' help yo fix it, along with others, I now do not feel inclined to help in any way :(
    I'm sure you or she will enjoy paying good money out just to have it diagnosed....and it will serve you right.

Behaviour like that will not get you results (n) (n) (n)

Scorp.

5. English123

Please accept my apologies Scorp.

I am an impatient englishman who does not fully understand this type of board. I thought it was instant reply kinda thing, obviously I was wrong. (y)

So once again, apologies for any upset or offence caused (y)

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

No problem and as Scorpion said, sometimes the best thing that people can do is pass rather than offer wrong advice. Forums are for learning as well as providing solutions and many read simply to learn types of help desk ideas. Power supply is undoubtedly the answer, and you probably would have had the answers in a few hours but 1/2 hour, all depends who is nearby when you post.

7. English123

cheers for that;)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice