1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems with Toshiba Satellite laptop and XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by incadudeF, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incadudeF

incadudeF Thread Starter

I got a toshiba laptop A satellite model. It came with vista. When i first got it i liked vista and the cool look of aero. But then i got tired of the loading time and the excess use of RAM. I then installed Windows Pro XP SP2. I noticed a difference right away. My Pc was alot faster and booting time and loading times were incredible! But to my amazement Toshiba doesn't have a drivers for XP. They only have drives made for vista. I was going crazy looking for some. I finally found one for video and audio. But i couldnt find any for the Wireless LAN and a modem. I couldnt get on the internet!!! I called toshiba all they told me was that the laptop i got was only made to run with vista (he was saying something about BIOS). I was furious. If you guys have had this problem and found some drivers for Toshiba Satellite model A135-S4666 please show me a link.

I eventually went back to vista. To get back on the net but i still would love to have XP on my laptop.

Thanks

-IncadudeF

2. The_Oracle

The_Oracle

download and run SIW. now you'll have all information you need to download XP drivers from 3rd party manufacturers' support pages.

rubbish, i haven't seen a computer as of yet that couldn't run XP because it was "made to run with Vista" :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/638225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice