1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with touch screen function after screen replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cjikjakjp, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjikjakjp

cjikjakjp Thread Starter

I recently changed the screen of my HP ENVY x360 [model: 15t-aq100] with this exact screen I got from eBay. I took out three cables and the little chipboard thingy, put back the little chipboard thingy and three cables and--voilĂ ! The screen turns on and I get an image and, besides my little issue, it works fine.

My issue is that the touch screen function doesn't work at all--the computer recognizes that there is a "HID-compliant touch screen" when I open up my device manager and that it is enabled--but even after updating whatever software it wants me to update--even going so far as updating Windows 10 *shudder*--I don't get a response when my greasy little fingers caress the screen. The touch capability was working before and after the fall--I don't think any other cables or sensors got damaged, just the screen.

So my question becomes this: the screen I bought was touchscreen capable, right? It looks exactly like the old cracked one. How can I tell whether or not the screen itself is touch screen capable? If you don't think it's the screen I bought that's the problem, but something I did, what should I do? I tried inserting and reinserting cables and restarting the computer. I haven't tried searching for drivers for the screen, but I don't know where or how to find those. I'm honestly at a loss of ideas as of how to resolve this, so please...help?

Here is a link to the computer maintenance and service guide if that helps.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and answer, if you do. Happy New Year!

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I would recommend contacting the place you bought it and check the specs or return?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice