1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Trojan.Vundo.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by CollinC, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollinC

CollinC Thread Starter

Hello, I have an HP Media Center Edition :( Version 2002 service pack 2 with Windows XP on it.
    I almost know for a fact that I have a Trojan Virus of some type. Earlier today my Norton Anti Virus was showing a blocked "trojan.vundo." attack every 10 seconds and everything i tried to close (like my music player, msn, even "my computer") would just not respond and then take about 2 minutes to load an error report message.my computer slowed down so much I couldn't even begin to take care of it. then i got a message from norton to restart so I did. when it all came back from restarting it automaticly did the spybot scan just before my desktop loaded and that told me to scan and reboot. well after all that i came here and read a little bit and decided id join and see if you guys can help me. currently my PC is running fine but when i browse the Internet i get Consistant Pop up ads and my Norton tells me every few minutes it blocked a "trojan.vundo." attack. and i get pop ups from norton asking to allow a change or deny a change and since i dont know what these are i click deny but sometimes im not able to click deny so i have to click allow. im not sure what those are doing it looks like its trying to change things in my registry im clueless on that stuff.

any one have some ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice