1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with TV Giant

Discussion in 'Games' started by simonh1230, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. simonh1230

simonh1230 Thread Starter

i have recently bought TV Giant as i fancied a change from the regular type of games i usually play and this caught my eye. installation was fine and quick. the game then started up, got past all the manufacturer screens and got on to what looked like the loading screen, all five icons would light up to say that this has loaded then it would just shut off and go back to my desktop.

i am running vista so i thought whether it was that stupid problem where you have to run some programs as administrator, tried this and same thing happened, the weird thing was that no error message popped up detailing what happened, just a dialog box with looking for solution and then the end program screen. i checked in the problems page of control panel and looked at what the problem was. this was what it came up with:

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: TVGiant.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4614c004
    Fault Module Name: igdumd32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.14.10.1409
    Fault Module Timestamp: 477bc05d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00029869
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: deb2
    Additional Information 2: 1d2b9196336d469f2a0d72b2f2a88dea
    Additional Information 3: 3830
    Additional Information 4: 22ceec10480ed8c37191557a99d8db10

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 664697138

i checked other posts with the same problem on igdumd32.dll and i went on the website stated and then just got lost..... can someone dumb it down for me please, i am just confused?? :(:confused:

2. simonh1230

any help would be very much appreciated

3. simonh1230

will no one help?

4. mchlschf

mchlschf

Hi,

I have recently purchased the game and i am running vista also and having the exact same problem, I decided to reset my laptop to factory settings adn then reinstalled the game. This didnt completey fix the problem as i was able to play the game but the video clips were not working properly and the grapics were not displaying correctly. A colleague at work suggested i update my grapics drivers which i have done this evening but now i am back to square one!!! where it loads up the game i get the 5 loading boxes then the game closes and i get the" checking for online soloution" box

I need help aswell :(

5. simonh1230

that is my exact problem!! i have the most recent upgrade for my graphics driver and even upgraded the graphics accelerator to no avail and i am running out of options. i think this is stupid as even though i have all the recommended specs (and more) because i have vista, microsoft have let us down again with a good-for-nothing windows with too much security and too little compatibility. i really wish i could go back to XP where stuff actually worked for a change!

i even tried the compatibility mode but guess what..... that didnt work either!! i guess we are just destined to just not play this game. the only advise i have is that if the game doesnt state vista compatible on the box, 90% of the time it will not work!! shame because i was looking forward to playing it!!

NOTE FOR MICROSOFT....YOU MUST BE ABLE TO GET AN OPERATING SYSTEM RIGHT AT LEAST ONCE?!?!?!?

6. Matt_2k34

Matt_2k34

Post removed by Administrator

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Matt,

Seems you didn't read the rules. We do not assist here with any illegal files, including NO CD files.

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Matt, I've removed both of your posts. Regardless what you think, that isn't what matters. Our rules matter. Period, end of statement. I'd suggest you review them prior to posting again.

9. Matt_2k34

Matt_2k34

apologies for trying to be helpful.

Seriously if you google the issue you wont be able to find a fix in easily the top 4 pages.

yours is the first link - hence me posting. nevermind - i shall not bother in future

doesnt matter how you look at it, the method used is a fix for an unsupported game, fact.

and without trying to sound sarcastic (unlike yourself AcaCandy) you might want to link to your 'rules' a bit better, e.g. first button in your quicklinks tab. :) can be awkward to find if you come in from google.

10. ~Candy~

It's an unsupported game in a new operating system for a reason ;)

Thank you for not bothering in the future.

11. Matt_2k34

Matt_2k34

mainly because:

you only have to read you two guys comments to see what i put in my original post.

and its unsupported because its built in an old developer environment, the environment has been updated - the game hasnt.

its not really rocket science is it.

my pleasure :)

12. ~Candy~

I missed this edit. When you chose to join our community, that was where you were to have read the rules, BEFORE your first post. Coming from a google search has NO BEARING on anything else, other than your lack of regard for reading the rules and abiding by them.

13. ~Candy~

In any event, it's time to close this thread.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/693339