1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems With Video Playback

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by CrusherV, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrusherV

CrusherV Thread Starter

Ok, I saw another guy has posted the same problem I have been having lately ( http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/338138-corrupted-video-files.html )
    but I'm baffled because my videos appear to be there in full however, the time it seems they're being allowed to play for is significantly reduced. If I seek, i can get to later stages of the video however the total time is still reduced so that its like if i have a 5 min video, then it may be reduced to 1min 30 seconds in length but then if I seek to about 75% of the way through the 1min 30 sec video, it'll show a scene that's abotu the same percentage through the 5min version ,so it appears all the info is in fact there. but it will only play the reduced time of the video/ The size is appropriate to the length the video is SUPPOSED to be, I have all the codecs I had when playing the same files on my old computer with similar specs (however it was a tower and not a laptop) which I had transfered over using my external HD (Which I've disconected so my videos on there won't be corrupted, just in case), I have lots of memory left, I've tried WMP10, DivX, creative media, Quick Time and real players all to the same effect. Not all of my videos have been affected the same way and there is no connection as to specific file types. And it is random as I've watched through the video then when I replayed it, it was messed up. Here are my system specs, hopefully someone outthere can help :).

Gateway Laptop
    1.9 Ghz Pentium M
    1Gb RAM
    100 Gb HD
    Mobile Intel 915 GM/GMS, 910 GML Express Video
    Conexant AMC Audio
    Windows XP Home

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice