1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MayLiz, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MayLiz

MayLiz Thread Starter

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your help. My husband and I are connected to the same home network. I have a brand new Windows 8 PC. He has a Windows 7 operating system. We can both be on the internet at the same time. However, we cannot seem to access Windows Live Mail at the same time. I receive the mail and then the site freezes and I cannot access the mail at all. Please help. I am so thankful for this wonderful site.

MayLiz

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B980 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3978 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1797 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 943635 MB, Free - 888684 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, All In One PC
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    That's quite bizarre, even for Windows Live Mail! If one of you has the program open on one machine, the program will not open on the other machine????

What site? You've already downloaded mail, so do you mean that you cannot access new mail? Or the mail you've already downloaded? What mail service are you using? Are you both using the same service?

3. MayLiz

MayLiz Thread Starter

I am using www.sisna.com. It is also synced to a mail APP on Windows 8. The mail will download to that APP from www.sisna.com. I am not sure whether the mail is downloading from that APP into Windows Live Mail or if it is coming directly from Sisna.com to Windows Live Mail. I know this sounds complicated. Sorry! Anyway, the mail downloads into Windows Live Mail, but then immediately freezes and I am unable to open it and act upon it. My husband has the same Sisna service. Sometimes it seems as if all of the mail is circulating back through the Sisna mail and I am deleting the same mail over and over again. Although I can access it through the Sisna mail APP, I cannot download pictures and attachments properly from there so I prefer the Windows Live Mail option. It seems to work when my husband is not reading his windows live mail.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I suggest that you try not using the Windows 8 MAIL App, and see if Windows Live Mail works any better. Other than that I have no ideas. Somebody with some Windows Live Mail experience may be able to help.

5. MayLiz

MayLiz Thread Starter

Thank you so much. I had thought about that myself, so I will try that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice