1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Windows live messenger 9.0 installation

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pangb, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pangb

pangb Thread Starter

Hi,
    For some reasons, i could not install Windows live messengers 9.0. It says:

Messenger couldnt be installed because we had trouble installing this requirement.
    Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime
    An error occurred during the installation of assembly
    'Microsoft.VC.80.CRT,publickeytoken='1fc8k'
    Please refer to help and support for more information
    Please close all other open programs, and then try again. It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working. hr:0x80070643

I am using Vista on a Dell laptop. I did not open any program when i install it and i tried about 5 different installation file.

Many thanks for any help.

Pangb

2. lagunasrfr

lagunasrfr

You might have some left over installation file information in your registry. Try running the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and remove any old instances of Messenger and Visual Studios you find in the output list. Download the cleanup file and save. Then run as Administrator.

3. pangb

pangb Thread Starter

Thank you for your help but when i run it, it stopped working
    'Windows Installer Clean Up Application has stopped working'
    I've tried reinstalling and download the file from somewhere else but still the same problem
    thank you
    Pangb

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice