1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with windows vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by danny123jojo, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danny123jojo

danny123jojo Thread Starter

Ok so this has happened like 10000000000 times so im in the middle of doing something and all the sudden my computer shows a bluescreen for a split second and restarts ok so it comes up with the menu to choose how to start do i chose to start windows normaly so it goes then restarts and shows the same thing so i have to wait for and hour and start it normally and its starts up fine but tis problem happens every once and a while somebody help im soo mad about this and upset :(

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

When you say you have to "Wait for an hour" do you mean you turn off the machine for an hour and then start it up? And then after awhile it shuts down again?
    If yes, then it is probably a Hardware problem i.e. your RAM chip(s), Video card, etc. that is heating up and giving you this grief.
    Experts will be along soon to give you advice on how to check this stuff out.

Ray

3. danny123jojo

thanks for replying but i dont know wky it would overheat so fast could dust be the problem case i havent cleaned it in a while and i got my ram and nvidia cards like a year and a half ago

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

You could check for dust and while your at it, check your RAM(s) to make sure it is seated properly and then check all your Cards i.e. Video card , Sound card, etc. to make sure they are also sitting snuggly in their slots.
    Check all cables to make sure they are tight.
    Check all your Fans to make sure they are spinning.
    But again, as I said before, others with more experience will show you some TOOLS that can detect hardware problems.
    Ray

5. danny123jojo

Ok well today I used it and it was fine wierd but anyways I will check cuz. I have head about dust messing up computers thanks for the tip I will clean it and check and make shure everything is in order k thx

6. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Your welcome and have a Happy New Year and may your machine continue to run smoothly in the N.Y.

7. danny123jojo

Oh happy new year to you to but earlier today at 12.00 it did that thing again but I just cleaned it and i checked everything but I haven't used it yet and I'm going to install windows 7 ultimate mabe it won't crash then I'll tell you tomorrow what happenes so ok I'm going to try this hope it works and hey happy new year to you to hope you have fun

8. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

If and when you install Win7, it would be Most preferrable in Your Case that you do a Clean Install since you have problems and you do not want to drag those problems via an upgrade.

Good luck with your install
    Ray

9. danny123jojo

Well now guess what when my computer starts up it will get to the logo then shows another bluescreen for like a split second and restarts and does the same thing again I'm so furious I'm just tired of computers but it will boot into safe mode and it works fine now but when I restart it normally it does the same thing what is going on now oh by the way this is on my compaq nx9010 laptop so ya it looks like I have a another frigging problem jeez so ya any ideas

10. danny123jojo

Ok I fixed it everythings fine windows 7 did the trick for my desktop but now I put it on my laptop and everythings fine I installed all drivers on the laptop but for some reason it won't use wifi it just says it can't find any networks now what happened this is the last problem i have and then I will be good to go but anyways please reply

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice