1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with wireless adapter in Windows

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Irukku, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irukku

Irukku Thread Starter

Hello!

I came across an old thread in these boards that had an unsolved problem. The issue was, after some time idle, the computer would shutdown the wireless card and lose its IP configuration; and in order to restore that IP configuration, both the router and the adapter had to be restarted.

Just like the forum experts, I figured out it should be something with power saving. The power configuration for my card in the device manager, though, was already set to CAM (Constantly Awake Mode or something), and my only different option was Max_PSP (Max Power Saving Mode), which ruined my wireless card making it slow and unstable.

Sooo, I decided to look into the USB roots' configuration, and each of them showed me whether there was a device plugged into it or not. That helped me finding which root was handling the wireless card, so I went to power management options for the corresponding root and unmarked "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power." And yea! It works.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970918

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice