1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems With Wireless Laser Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joshai, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshai

Joshai Thread Starter

I believe I'm having some sort of signal problem with my wireless mouse. I play an online game in which you can hold down the right mouse button to look around. Occasionally it will get locked like that, and I have to click the button for it to fix itself.

I surmise that for whatever reason, I click and hold down the button, but when I release it, it is not registering that I have done so, so it just acts as if I am still holding the mouse button down. Clicking it once gets the signal sent that I have released it.

My friend reports having the same problem with his wireless mouse, yet far less frequently.

I've always had little annoying problems like this with wireless mice, and I'm beginning to think they are inferior in overall design to something much less complicated, like a wired mouse. Does anyone know what my problem might be?

2. BG-0

BG-0

Well, the connection between a wireless mouse and its receiver occasionally drops, sometimes for a millisecond or so, sometimes for longer. In your case... It'd seem a bit odd for it to only do that kind of errors.. Anyways, if you want to get rid of this problem, start by testing with a decent wired mouse... The wire is always there, whereas the wireless link isn't.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/788630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice