1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems with Wordpress install

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Huskiesrus, Mar 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huskiesrus

Huskiesrus Thread Starter

Hi I’ve been trying to install Wordpress and I get error saying pho is not running so I tried to install latest php and still nothing I’m confused to hell on this it’s my first time doing something like this I was using wix started building my site but I’ve allready brought my domain from names.co.uk and didn’t want to pay wix for uploading my site on a monthly fee when I’ve brought my domain and hosting for 3 years from names.co.uk

Attached Files:

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    You are trying to install Wordpress on your local machine looking at the screenshot. Wordpress will not run on a local machine without an environment. There are several such as Desktopserver, Wampserver, Xampp etc. As a novice the free version of Desktopserver is probably the best bet, you can get it from https://serverpress.com/ Once you have developed your site locally you can then transfer it to your hosting.

3. whitedust

whitedust

To run WordPress it is recommend that your host supports the following:
    • PHP version 7.3 or greater.
    • MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
    • HTTPS support

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice