1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MyName, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MyName

MyName Thread Starter

A friend of mine called me with some computer problems. They live about 40 minutes away so I havent been able to get to look at it yet. But these are the symptoms:

randomly shut down previously (scanned for the worm that was going around, came back negative, recently no problems with that)

after being on a while the computer will go slower and slower

AIM will freeze and have to be restarted

the internet also goes slowly while this is happening

they are living in a house with several other people. two of them are on a wireless router, while this computer and another are connected through regular cables and using roadrunner. it is a Win XP, and a Dell if that matters. The other computers have no real problems.

This may be kinda vague but I figured I didn't know what was going on (I suspect a virus but I thought I'd ask you guys first) right now because I havent seen the computer. You guys are great with problems, so maybe you know. Thanks!

2. dai

dai

run adaware,spybot and hijack

3. MyName

MyName Thread Starter

i have adaware and spybot on my computer, i dont know why i didnt think of telling them to install it. what is hijack, what is it used for, and where can i download it?

4. dai

dai

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!