1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by speighty123, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. speighty123

speighty123 Thread Starter

I ave a Fjitsu Amilo l6285 and i have installed windows vista ultimate on it but i am having a few problems, if i go to device manager no ethernet controller or pci modem drivers have been installed, i dont no where to get them from as i dont no what make they are and also i have tried to install a wireless netgear network card with the latest drivers from there website that say they are for vista but after a few seconds of the installing new hardware box that comes on the screen the laptop freezes, i cant do anything, i have to shut it down and when i put the wireless card in nothing happens.

I no the drivers have been installed but it says the that it cant load the drivers required for this device.

If anyone can help that would be great.

2. Iain1979

Iain1979

You tried uninstalling and reinstall?

3. speighty123

Ye i have tried, drivers still are not installed and if i try and install the card, it still stalls.

4. Iain1979

Iain1979

what chipset is on your motherbored? dont know then find your make of you motherbored and paste the link on here and i will help you find out.

5. speighty123

As far as i no i think this is the chipset Intel 845GV.

6. Iain1979

Iain1979

well after spending 10min looking for your chipset i cant find a driver for vista. How old is your system?

7. speighty123

Im not too sure how old it is because i bought it off a friend, but i do think it is too old, is there anyway off installing the ultimate version on a desktop pc that has xp on it, i dont want to loose all my files and backing them up would take too long.

8. Iain1979

Iain1979

Yes but mean you gotta go and buy the Upgrade version!! And as it old does it meet the requirment to run vista?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice