1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Probs with Nokia Suite and Data Cable

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Zabet, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zabet

Zabet Thread Starter

I recently got a nokia 3586i phone and on a whim bid on a data cable (DKU-5) on ebay. Well it came today but the cd is in pieces. I downloaded the driver for it from the nokia website, installed it and then installed nokia suite but it says its not connected. can anyone help me out here?

2. bonzobob999

bonzobob999

Your cable may not work with genuine DKU-5 Drivers, you could try Prolific Drivers from this site but read the following quote taken from another froum.
    http://tech.prolific.com.tw/visitor/v_fileBrw.asp (Smart I/O IC -> USB 1.1 -> PL-2303 ->)

This may apply to your cable

As per our information there occured a large party of extremely low quality cables on market, produces in Asia-Pacifi region. You can recognize these cables very easy: even, if they are packed in special boxes, there is a syntax error in technical description: it is written 'Unicersa Serial Bus' instead of correct sign 'Universal Serial Bus'. CD from package includes many drivers: Prolific PL-2303 and also original Nokia DKU-5 cable, but the cable, included in package, is not DKU-5: it is ProLific.

I.e., if you see incorrect 'unicersa' sign on cable's box and Prolific drivers written on CD with cable, then the cable is not DKU-5 even if it does have 'DKU-5' mark and looks like DKU-5. Please, be careful and check cables more toroughly before buying!

NOTE: ProLific cables cannot be used for modem access and they suit only for the data synchronization purposes. Also, many cables, assembled on prolific chipset, may not transfer properly, or transfer at all color image, polyphonic tone, MMS, JAVA and even SMS information between Nokia phones and PC. The only cables, that have passed our tests without any problems, are original Nokia DKU-5 cables and datacables for OsiTech ( http://www.ositech.com ) company.

3. Zabet

Zabet Thread Starter

I'm very confused by that website. I've seen posts on other forums that said they got their cables from ebay and found drivers online but haven't been able to find where. I downloaded the nokia driver from the website but it doesn;t work and I'm not sure what I'm looking for on that prolific website. Any suggestions?

4. Zabet

Zabet Thread Starter

OK I think I have it installed, I downloaded wd_pl-2303hx_v20014v20026.zip
    from the prolific website and my device manager now says that its installed (so I guess that means I did it right). Now I'm trying to get Nokia or oxygen to recognize it......

5. bonzobob999

bonzobob999

Go to device manager on your PC check to see what com port the DKU-5 cable is using and then make sure your software Nokia/Oxygen is looking at the same port.
    Just a heads up here but Nokia suite will not share a com port with another software so you will need to delete one or the other, if you have a full version of Oxygen Phone Manager I would stay with that. An alternative would be Mobimb by Logomanager if you only want to add media (tones/apps/games etc)

6. Zabet

Zabet Thread Starter

Its installed and working!

7. voro

voro

please help me, that link doesnt work anymore, can i arrange to download this file from someone?

8. bonzobob999

bonzobob999

Unfortunately the file you require is bigger than the forums limit on attachments, if you PM me a valid Email address thats capable of receiving a 1.5MB file I will gladly send it to you. :)

9. voro

voro

actually, I have already found the file but still same story :( the computer still doesnt detect that my phone is plugged in?
    help anyone?

10. bonzobob999

bonzobob999

What make and model phone is it and what cable have you got? a link to the cable would help as well.

11. voro

voro

my model is Nokia 3220, and im using the same prolific cable that everyone is having trouble with.

12. offroadz

offroadz

I Have a 3120b model phone and using a "dku-5" cable off of ebay. When its installed in device manager it comes up at "Kingsun USB -> COM device" but Nokia Suite wont detect my phone. Also when I plug the cable into my phone it says "Data Enhancement Connected" then a few seconds later says "Enhancement Not Supported" any help that could be provided would be nice.

13. bonzobob999

bonzobob999

Check out the other posts relating to this problem and the things I suggested ......it could just be crap cables, there are a lot in circulation.

14. dik15

dik15

Have just bought a DKU-5 cable for my Nokia 3220.

Connected all fine, following instructions but it wont seem to connect to phone. When i search for the phone, it comes up with

'error please turn the phone off and try again' or words to that effect

Have downloaded Oxygen and tried that and it works to the point of transferring data.

The drivers are all satisfactory, just thinking it could be something to do with Nokia software has problems sharing the port with other open devices? Is this true? I have disabled all other items using the port but still not working.

I have tried this on my brothers Laptop, but same result.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Richard

15. john.guestme

john.guestme

hi zabet

can u pls email me that zip file,,,,i think i have the same problem...and can u tell me how exactly you installed that zip file.....thanks

john

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice