1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Probs with Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Steven715, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven715

Steven715 Thread Starter

Hello i have just installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server and i have come accrossed the fowlling problems.

1 Is when i go in to Network and Dial Up Connections it displays only the window with nothing in it. (There was 3 Items) This did work this morning when i first installed it.
    2 The Internet Services Manager comes up with

Error connecting to server:

Unable to connect to target machine.

Do you wish to attempt ti connect to it in the future. Yes/NO

Press yes or no and it lets you in to the program.
    So i try to connect to the computer i am working on (Itself) and it says it cant find server.
    The computer name is Server.
    Why can't this computer see itself? I can access the internet through it using Sygate Home Network. I have 2 Network Cards in this machine.
    1 for the Wan
    2 for the LAN
    I hope some 1 can help me with this as i am Baffled.
    I have tryed to restart
    i cant get to the Network settings at all as like i said it wont bring them up.
    Thanks For any sergestians
    Steven

2. Steven715

Steven715 Thread Starter

I have just found out that if i dont logon for about 2-3 minutes then i can acturley do some settings on the Network. But Internet services is still not woking so any help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171906

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice