1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Process Model by Data Flow Diagram.

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Earnshaw24, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Earnshaw24

Earnshaw24 Thread Starter

Hello geniuses! :)

I'm afraid i'm struggling with a question relating to Data Flow Diagrams, I have been given a case study and am now being asked to create a Data Flow Diagram for this new website creation.

However, I've tried, I really have tried, to understand these Data Flow Diagrams but am struggling still, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them?

I won't put the whole question up here but if anyone would be so kind as to contact me I would be very very thankful!

Just any help will do, even if you don't think you know that much it's probably still more than me!

Thanks everyone,

Gareth :)

2. tomdkat

tomdkat Trusted Advisor

You can get an intro to data flow diagrams here. A data flow diagram basically shows how data flows through various parts of a system. Are you looking for tools to help you create such a diagram?

Peace...

3. James-

James-

If you are looking for software, Dia is a good free one.

4. Earnshaw24

Earnshaw24 Thread Starter

Thanks for all your replies!:D

Basically I need to create a DFD for a simple e-commerce website, the two textbooks I have on Data Flow Diagrams are so damn complicated and i'm finding it very hard to understand.

Once I figure out how to do one I will probably use one of these softwares that you mention!

Thanks everyone,

Gareth

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918041