"PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skulleh

Hi,

During the last 3 days, I've been having problems starting up my computer. I am almost certain that the problems were created by a few power outages I had in my area 3 days ago. Every time the power outage occurred, it would cause my computer to restart itself. Ever since then my computer hasn't been starting up normally. For the first two days since the power outages, my computer has been acting strangely when starting up. Every time it got to the first Windows XP screen, it would automatically restart itself. The computer would run the P.O.S.T as normal, but then a black screen with writing would come up that said "Your computer did not shut down properly...". It also gave me different modes to start up in, these included: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt and Normal Mode. When I chose Normal Mode, the same thing would happen. My computer would automatically restart at the first Win XP screen, and that same black screen would come up. After repeating this process a few more times, the computer would magically start up normally.

I was worried about these strange startups at first, but they only occurred on a clean startup of the computer, not on a restart from Windows XP, so I decided I could live with them... until tonight. I came home from a nice day out, and I go to turn on my computer, but instead of the usual strange startups I get, a blue screen with writing comes up at the time the first Windows XP screen is meant to come up. It says,

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

It then goes on to state the possible causes and resolutions for this problem. I tried finding the options in my BIOS that would allow me to disable caching and shadowing, but I couldn't find either of them. I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 motherboard. If anyone has another possible solution for this problem, please tell me, your help would be greatly appreciated.

hi, got the same problem when i try to install xp. hopefully someone will eventually take interest.

Bill

sy2

I keep seeing Roxio Goback come up in relation to this issue... if you have it you may want to uninstall it to see if that's the problem.

skulleh

Thanks for the help sy2. I just started up my computer this morning, and everything seems to be running normally. It started up with no problems at all. If I have any more problems though, I'll be sure to come back here for help.

skulleh

Hi again,

I'm still having problems with my computer startups. Sometimes my computer starts up normally, but sometimes I get the annoying "PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" blue screen error at the startup of Windows. It took me about 5 tries each, this afternoon and tonight, to successfully startup Windows XP, after continually having to push my reset button when the blue screen error came up. Does anyone have a solution to get rid of this randomly occuring error at startup?

skulleh

Hey sy2, sorry for the slow reply. To answer your questions, yes, I had checked that link out before you'd even told me it by finding it on google, but I didn't find any relevant information in any of the articles. None of them really related to the problem I'm having. Also, I have never installed Roxio GoBack on my system.

By the way, I started up my computer this afternoon for the first time since last Monday, and the error didn't come up. That probably doesn't mean the error has disappeared, because my computer does occassionally start up normally from time to time. I'll have to find out next time I start up my computer (Sunday morning) whether it will come up with the error, and until this problem is fixed, I'll have to keep looking for possible solutions.

Edit: Normal startup this monday morning. Hopefully the error won't come up ever again. :D

skulleh

I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd let everyone here know that I fixed my ongoing issues with BSODs and random crashing. I found out that it was bad RAM causing the problems. I tested my memory using memtest and found out that one of my 512mb cards was causing 3000 or so errors in the tests. I found out which memory stick was causing the errors by taking each of my two 512mb memory sticks out of my towercase and testing them individually. I found out it was the memory stick in the first slot that was causing the errors, so I left it out. I haven't had any crashes since. The power outages probably caused the ram to go bad. Anyway, I took the bad ram to my computer parts supplier, and since the ram is still under warranty, I'm getting a new 512mb memory stick from RAmos in a few days. I'm so happy it's all fixed now, I've had the crashing problems for so long.

skulleh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online