Solved Processor causing my computer to boot continuously

Ishrakhaider

My computer restarts continuously without any interval. At first it was giving no display then a new problem raised that is, it's restarting again and again. I did everything I could like reseating the ram, replacing the cables and many many more. But nothing works. Then I checked the computer with another 6th gen processor and guess what, it boots. Is the processor dead? If it was dead, it would not even get any power. Again it would not get heated. But my pc is restarting with that processor and the processor is also getting heated a little bit. Is it fixable? The processor costs a lot, that's why I am getting so worried. Here is the video link from my drive:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVPQP38lGkbE-MwVqWuIJDGmfW0zNKmH/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

Tanis

Shane
First thing I would say is running it without a CPU heatsink really isnt a good idea. It can only take seconds for the CPU overheat and get damaged.

What are the exact make and model of the CPU (one that works and one that doesnt), Motherboard, RAM etc

In reality, if you have swapped a different CPU in and it works you can pretty safely say the CPU is the problem. Unlikely to be anything you can do to repair it.

Ishrakhaider

First thing I would say is running it without a CPU heatsink really isnt a good idea. It can only take seconds for the CPU overheat and get damaged.

What are the exact make and model of the CPU (one that works and one that doesnt), Motherboard, RAM etc

In reality, if you have swapped a different CPU in and it works you can pretty safely say the CPU is the problem. Unlikely to be anything you can do to repair it.
I swapped core i7-6700k with i5-6600k. I use a cooler on it but in the video, I didn't show it. And yeah I know that the CPU is faulty, but my question was if the CPU was faulty, it was supposed not give any power to the motherboard. But it's rebooting continuously. Why? And is it fixible?

Tanis

Shane
There are many ways a CPU can be faulty and many ways that fault can show. I would suggest there is nothing that can be done to fix it and the only option is to replace it.

If it works with the other processor but not with yours then your processor is likely faulty and must be replaced.

Ishrakhaider

There are many ways a CPU can be faulty and many ways that fault can show. I would suggest there is nothing that can be done to fix it and the only option is to replace it.

If it works with the other processor but not with yours then your processor is likely faulty and must be replaced.
Wow I didn't know that, thanks for the information.

managed

Allan
Both processors are compatible with that motherboard so I think Shane (Tanis) is correct and the i7 is faulty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online